- Get Involved!
- Our Parks
- About Us
- Resources & Documents
Federal grants listed for Morris trails
More than $800,000 in federal recreational trails grants have been allocated to 48 projects in New Jersey this year, and another $1 million may soon be available for 2011, Department of Environmental Protection Commissioner Bob Martin said Thursday.
Among the regional projects receiving funding are:
- Morris County, Mendham Township, trail expansion/maintenance, $22,250; Mount Olive, Turkey Brook Park trails, $6,750; Pequannock, Mountainside Park trails, $8,023.
- Sussex County, Heritage and Agriculture Association, Lusscroft Farm horse and hiking trails, $21,500; Wawayanda State Park, Appalachian Trail access/parking: $25,000.
- Warren County, Stephens State Park, Musconetcong River kayaking trail, $8,500.
- Multiple counties: Jersey Off Road Bicycle Association, including Morris, Sussex and Warren, park infrastructure improvements: $24,998; Jersey Off Road Bicycle Association, including Morris, Sussex and Warren, trail tools, supplies and training: $24,990; New Jersey Conservation Foundation.
- All counties, New Jersey trails inventory, $23,500; New York-New Jersey Trail Conference, including Morris, Sussex and Warren, managing invasive plant species along trails, $7,416; state Park Service, central region, including Morris, trail maintenance equipment, $12,000; and trail utility vehicle, $17,200.