Jersey Off Road Bicycle Association (JORBA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization which is dedicated to serving off road cyclists as a member of equal standing within the trail user community. Founded in 1999, our focus is to build and maintain sustainable multi-use trails, organize and encourage volunteerism and responsibility, and advocate and foster mountain biking as a healthy, environmentally sound, and sustainable activity.
To see a “typical day in the park” for a JORBA chapter please check out our National Trails Day video by Art and Ellen White below.
[NEED VIDEO LINK/EMBED CODE]
Our mission, specifically, is:
- Protect and promote the rights and responsibilities of cyclists as equal members of the trail user community.
- Organize volunteer work groups for conservation, development and maintenance of trails.
- Educate bicyclists in the safe and responsible use of off road bicycling.
- Promote the appreciation of and care for public lands.
- Educate concerning appropriate off road bicycle access to public lands.
- Assist in the formation and affiliation of new and existing local bicycle groups.
- Link all affiliated local and regional groups with similar purposes.
- Perform research relating to mountain biking.
- Act as a liaison between and among public land users and land managers.
- Be a partner for open space conservancy and for recreational trails management.
- Be a resource for parks and recreational land management.