Latest Volunteer News
JORBA is in constant need of volunteers at every level.
Our volunteers build and maintain sustainable trails statewide, they are the backbone of grassroots mountain bike advocacy. Browse and sign up for specific opportunities or email email@example.com with your inquiry.
You dig? We dig!
- Ringwood Trail Build, The Last of the Year.Ringwood Trail Build! 12/19 9:00 a.m. LAST BUILD OF THE YEAR! Meet Ryerson School Leaving lot at 9:15 10 min walk from the School Project is Ringwood Ramapo Reroute We will bring all tools. Come find us later, we will be working parallel to Ice pond road up about a 1/4″ mile from Ryerson School. … Continue reading Ringwood Trail Build, The Last of the Year.
- Ringwood Trail Building Sunday 12/12Lets keep the momentum going! The Ringwood Trail Crew is going to hold a trail building day on Sunday 12/12 Meet Ryerson SchoolLeaving lot at 9:1510 min walk from the SchoolProject is Ringwood Ramapo RerouteWe will bring all tools. Come find us later, we will be working parallel to Ice pond road up about a… Continue reading Ringwood Trail Building Sunday 12/12
- The Ringwood Trail Building Day on Sunday 12/5The Ringwood Trail Crew is going to hold a trail building day on Sunday 12/5 Meet Ryerson School Leaving lot at 9:15 10 min walk from the SchoolProject is Ringwood Ramapo RerouteWe will bring all tools. Come find us later, we will be working parallel to Ice pond road up about a 1/4″ mile from… Continue reading The Ringwood Trail Building Day on Sunday 12/5
- Trail Volunteers Needed in Sterling Forest
- Thanksgiving PoemThanksgiving is here and we wanted to say We’re grateful for our members in every way
Paydirt is how JORBA tracks volunteer hours. Paydirt is also a program of the Highland to Hudson mountain bike race series. Participants who volunteer for JORBA trail maintenance session earn points towards their series standings. See H2Hrace.com for complete program details.
Start your own volunteer group or chapter!
Does your local park need some TLC? Click here for a step-by-step guide.
JORBA Administrative Volunteer Opportunities
The Development Committee is a catch all committee that helps JORBA grow, advocated its mission, and publicize its activities. We need the following skills for for these positions.
We need someone that can keep on top of all JORBA events, such as trail work, group rides, and any other events and get the word out to the riding community. This person would interface with all the JORBA chapters and pass along* to the public any events generated at the chapter or JORBA level. *This would be someone that is comfortable with some or all of the follow: email, internet forums, google calendar, facebook, instagram, and wordpress.
Grants Research and Writing
We need people to keep on top of Grant sources by scanning the internet for Grant opportunities for bicycle or trail related projects. Our main source of Grant money is the Recreational Trails Program (RTP), but we do need additional grant sources for bike park projects, trail marking, equipment, infrastructure, etc.
Are you a lawyer practicing in NJ with a little bit of free time and wish to help us advocate responsible mountain biking ? If so, we need occasional help with some legal issues related to the Recreational Use Statute, waiver reviews, etc. You can tackle one question for us, or as many as your schedule permits. For the most part the legal counsel would be doing simple research or giving us legal advice, not the drudgery of filing paperwork.
We need help help gathering content, generating ideas and creating articles for The Dirt. Ultimately we would like this to be a committee of 3 or more “beat reporters” collaborating together on content and layout.
We need people that can generate a press release, maintain a press contact list and send out press releases to regional and local papers as needs arise. This is an urgent need since we are terrible at getting press coverage for all the good things we do within NJ. We have a single volunteer at this time, Lisa Fortunato, but we can use a few more folks with experience in this area.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org