Latest Volunteer News
- 2020.11.22 Allamuchy Trail Maintenance this SundayWe will ride in and continue working on the reroute of the perpetual wet connector between the Four Bump Alternate lower intersection and Lumpy Bumpy. We will be parking by the gate on Cranberry Ledges Rd. Byram Twp. 07821 40.950086, -74.757798 8:30AM – 12:30PMPlease bring a mask (social distancing applies), sturdy shoes, water and gloves […]
- High Bridge Flow Control UpdateAvid Trails was back with the help of JORBA volunteers to tune in the trails. The top half of green trail is totally dialed. 80% of blue trail is revised and absolutely awesome. Check it out and let us know what you think. They are not done yet but the big projects are taken care […]
- High Bridge Flow Control UnderwayAvid Trails and JORBA’s High Bridge Commons Chapter where out last weekend tuning the trails. While there is still more to be done, we’re sure you’re going to love the changes they’ve made.
- One more TM for 2020! Stephens 10-25-20 SundayHere We Go ! Stephens Trail Maintenance 10-25-20 Sunday 8:30am – 12:30pm Meet at the the bottom of the white rumbly climb on Waterloo Valley Rd.. (I think google maps will get you there with this address.) 46 Waterloo RdBudd Lake, NJ 07828 Bring yourself, water, gloves, and a snack. ********Please rsvp via email […]
- 2020.10.24 Jungle Paite Trail Build2020.10.24 2:00 PM Jungle Paiute Trail Build. Meet at Power Line Access Trail Head 4M7F+G6 West Milford, New Jersey.
JORBA is in a constant need of volunteers at every level!
Email email@example.com with your inquiry.
You dig? We dig!
Paydirt is how JORBA tracks volunteer hours.
Paydirt is also a program of the Highland to Hudson mountain bike race series. Participants who volunteer for JORBA trail maintenance session earn points towards their series standings. See H2Hrace.com for complete program details.
Start your own volunteer group or chapter!
Does your local park need some TLC? Click here for a step-by-step guide.
OPEN Volunteer Positions
The Development Committee is a catch all committee that helps JORBA grow, advocated its mission, and publicize its activities. We need the following skills for for these positions.
We need someone that can keep on top of all JORBA events, such as trail work, group rides, and any other events and get the word out to the riding community. This person would interface with all the JORBA chapters and pass along* to the public any events generated at the chapter or JORBA level. *This would be someone that is comfortable with some or all of the follow: email, internet forums, google calendar, facebook, instagram, and wordpress.
Grants Research and Writing
We need people to keep on top of Grant sources by scanning the internet for Grant opportunities for bicycle or trail related projects. Our main source of Grant money is the Recreational Trails Program (RTP), but we do need additional grant sources for bike park projects, trail marking, equipment, infrastructure, etc.
Are you a lawyer practicing in NJ with a little bit of free time and wish to help us advocate responsible mountain biking ? If so, we need occasional help with some legal issues related to the Recreational Use Statute, waiver reviews, etc. You can tackle one question for us, or as many as your schedule permits. For the most part the legal counsel would be doing simple research or giving us legal advice, not the drudgery of filing paperwork.
We need help help gathering content, generating ideas and creating articles for The Dirt. Ultimately we would like this to be a committee of 3 or more “beat reporters” collaborating together on content and layout.
We need people that can generate a press release, maintain a press contact list and send out press releases to regional and local papers as needs arise. This is an urgent need since we are terrible at getting press coverage for all the good things we do within NJ. We have a single volunteer at this time, Lisa Fortunato, but we can use a few more folks with experience in this area.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org